Welcome back to the Kid Lit Blog Hop
Well, I don't know about you but I am exhausted....Just a few hours back from Book Expo Australia, where I exhibited and sold my books for 2 days. And, yes, I know you are wondering, where is the author in this shot, well, um, well, um, we didn't actually take a photo of me at the booth.
It was held at Olympic Park. Yes... Home of the 2000 Olympics.
I had a great experience and my new release, Frankie Dupont And The Mystery Of Enderby Manor was my best seller, hurrahhh.
It is the first event like this in Australia, so there were a few teething problems, but all things aside, I had a great time, met some fabulous authors and bought home some booty.
Check out these awesome Aussie authors:
First, Gigi of course found a chicken book.... We can't wait to read this one.
Next we met an awesome powerhouse of an author called Susan Berran. Her Freaky series were a huge hit with the kids and I had a great time networking and swapping ideas with Susan. It was truly great to connect with her.
Then we of course found a penguin book by Jose Montano. Jose is from my home town, so we connected immediately, hurrah.
She has loads of traditionally published books, including some autism resources, so I hope you drop by her site. www.booksbyjosie.com.au
I got to meet Kim A Last, author of the awesome MG book Immagica. Check out that cover. I can't wait to read this....
But that's not all, Kim also writes YA, check out her series below...
Then there was Stacey Nash. Another fabulous chick, with a very awesome YA series, check it out.
And of course, my favourite author/editor, Dionne Lister. If you need a dragon fix, get yourself into this series.... It is epic....
We had a little holiday in Sydney before heading home. Check out that view from our hotel window.
And no trip would be complete without staying in a mysterious manor on the way home. Check this one out. I wish I had gone there before I wrote Frankie Dupont...
Well, that is all I have the energy for folks. Happy Hopping....
Welcome to the 44th Kid Lit Blog Hop where we continue to develop a dynamic and engaged community of children's books bloggers, authors, publishers, and publicists. So, you are always more than welcome to join us by popping in a post and hopping around to meet some of your fellow Kid Lit bloggers and authors! We are pleased to be welcoming a co-hostess with us this week, Stephanie Ward, the author of the children's book,Wally the Warm Weather Penguin. Welcome Stephanie!
Happy Hopping everyone and enjoy the Hop!
Kid Lit Blog Hop Rules *Please Read*1. We ask that you kindly follow your hosts. You can follow us any way you choose (Email, GFC, Twitter, Facebook, G+, Pinterest, etc.), but we've added our preferences below. If you could just give us a quick "follow" or "like" that would be much appreciated! Make sure to leave us a message if you are following us (i.e., on Twitter or Facebook or on our websites) and we will be sure to follow you back. Thanks! :-)
2. Link up any Kid Lit related post. This can be a link to a children’s book review, a discussion about children’s literature/literacy, or a post on a recently-read children’s book or one that you love from your childhood.
* Don't link directly to your blog, it must be a specific post.*
* For Authors, we prefer you to link to your blog if you have one. Please link unique posts each time ~ no repeats please. *
* Make sure you include an image relevant to the POST (e.g., book cover), not your blog button or photo of yourself.*
* Feel free to link more than one post.*
3. Please visit AT LEAST the TWO LINKS directly ahead of your own and leave them some love in the form of a comment. We are trying to build a community of bloggers, readers, parents, authors, and others who are as passionate about children’s literature as we are so please CONNECT and follow any or all of the blogs that interest you!
4. If you like, grab the button above and put it somewhere on your blog, preferably the post you're linking up. If you'd prefer, you can just add a text link back to this Hop so that others can find it and check out all these great book links!
5. It would really help us get the word out about the Kid Lit Blog Hop if you would be so kind as to tweet, share, and spread the word about the Hop!
Interested in co-hosting the Kid Lit Blog Hop? If you've joined us before, you are welcome to join us again! Please email renee @ motherdaughterbookreviews (dot) com and put Co-Hosting Blog Hop in the subject line.